35mm Slide Converter Lets You See Them DigitallyHere’s one for the select few, yet equally as interesting for those digital SLR fans. The 35mm slide and film negative scanner is your one-stop workstation for turning those old negatives into digital masterpieces.
The slide and negative converter will scan your old photo’s up to 1,829 DPI and easily convert them to jpeg. With USB connection the digital slide converter will quickly and easily build your family photo album into a digital copy. The slide scanner also comes with drives to work directly with Photoshop to remove pesty scratches, watermarks and the like. Unfortunately the slide and negative converter doesn’t work with Mac, only Windows systems. I would think the best suited customer for this type of product are those into family history and Genealogy. So, if you have a family member looking to one-up their family tree with digital photo copies let them know about this slide and negative converter for 35mm film. Specifications and features include:
- Easily scan 35mm slides or negatives and turn them into Jpeg files
- Included trays allow for precise positioning of slides or negatives
- 5MP CMOS sensor with 10 bits per color channel
- Scan at up to 1,829 DPI
- LED backlit- light source
- Single pass scanning
- Includes USB cable and Windows software to edit, crop and resize photos.
- USB 2.0 (USB 1.1 compatible)
- Comes with Twain drivers for Photoshop use
Update: ThinkGeek is currently sold out, there is an alternate unit available at Amazon. The specifications look identical and so does the device so they both are probably OEM product.