USB Flash Drive Power Monitor
Smartronix has a USB power monitor and it’s ideal for those who want to regulate what power is coming from a USB device.Â Most notably would be the ability to test power from a suspect defective drive or gadget.Â With so many useless USB toys made in cheap factories over seas, one can get a product which plays havoc with your system.Â Most problems always come from power.
Granted the power meter probably takes more juice then any USB power gadget your testing, but again, this is designed for the hobbyist or guy troubleshooting some gear.
This is also a good device to test products which claim to fall into the USB-IF specification for a USB device, something like this USB power meter could help prove your case against an overseas supplier who’s not fessing up to their poor quality work.Â (can you tell we’ve ran into this problem on multiple occasions !)
Too bad it doesn’t measure calories, otherwise we’d find out just how hard that USB humping dog is really working.
Smartronix webstore, vai Gadgeteer.
- USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 compatible
- Large, easy to read LCD
- Folding Stand
- Auto Power-Down
- Peak Hold
- Measures current in either direction (Host>Device or Device>Host
- Batteries and USB Cable included
- Maximum Voltage Reading +/- 19.99 Volts
- Voltage Reading Accuracy: +/- 0.1 volt from -10V to 10V; 5% from 10.01V to 19.99V; 5% from -10.01V to -19.99V
- Maximum Current Reading +/- 1999 mA
- Current Reading Accuracy: +/- 2mA from -500mA to 500mA; 5% from 501mA to 1999mA; 5% from -501mA to -1999mA
- USB Type B upstream Jack
- USB type A downstream Jack
Tags: humping dog, power monitor, test equipment, usb
Administator for GetUSB.info
GetUSB.info started in 2004 with the concept of providing USB information for everything USB related. At the time, USB was gaining momentum and every day new products, articles and news became published. Today, the site is focused on bringing technical information, tricks and hacks to USB related products. The site does publish off topic information as well, to keep the variety up. Please visit the footer area of any page if you or your company is interested in article or product placement via purchased advertising.