Military Grade PDAPDAs don’t make it into military applications because of glass on the display. PDAs don’t make it into military applications because battery life is too short. This is no longer true. InHand Electronics introduces a rugged low-power flex PDA (SFPDA) to withstand military environments and extended missions. This rugged PDA includes Ethernet, USB, Bluetooth, and keypad interface connections.
The non-glass flexible display not only reduces possibility of injury but reduces power consumption to display information. In conjunction with InHands power management software these PDAs will run for 6 continuous hours. 6 hours may not seem like a long time, but this spec is continuous hours, so it doesn’t include stand-by time or sleep mode. The new iPod touch barely gets 5 hours of video – and we know that claim doesn’t stand up to government specifications – so cut that in half. 6 hours is impressive. Some quick bullet points on the BatterySmart technology include:
- Startup CPU Speed Adjustment – Automatically and dynamically adjust CPU clock speed based on the operating bandwidth requirements of your handheld device.
- Advanced Idle Mode – Understand the differences in power consumption at 100MHz versus 400MHz.
- Dynamic CPU Speed Adjustment – Determine the required computational bandwidth of your application software at different CPU clock speeds.
- Performance-Tuned Core Software Drivers – Understand how battery life is affected by plugging in a PCMCIA peripheral?
- Optimized Peripheral Software Drivers – Reduce both computational bandwidth and power consumption while connecting to multiple peripheral devices.