USB Sound Blaster Card From Creative – Laptop Enthusiast Rejoice
Creative Labs just came out with a hot little box for 5.1 digital surround sound for any laptop or PC.Â What Creative did with this new Sound Blaster is rather than make a card out of it, the Sound Blaster is a USB based external device.Â The X-Fi, as they call it, operates over a USB interface and will provide full cinematic digital surround sound in hi-fidelity with a 1 second connection.
Two Creative technologies are embedded into the USB Sound Blaster which are X-Fi Crystalizer and X-Fi CMSS-3D.Â I’ve talked about these technologies before which are the key components to Creative’s solution.
Not to leave any stone unturned, here are the list of features for the USB Sound Blaster:
The Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround Sound 5.1 system will retail for $60 – a great price for the package (available now).
Source: Laptop Logic.
- Supports USB 2.0 for high quality 5.1 audio
- USB bus-powered
- Gold plated RCA front outputs and mini-jack surround outputs for maximum fidelity
- Optical Output for connectivity to surround sound systems
- 24-bit Playback and Recording ADC, DAC
- X-Fi audio enhancement technology
- Easily accessible Headphone out and Mic In for connecting headsets
- Convenient Volume Control with push to mute feature
- Line-in monitoring
- Host-based EAX advanced HD 4.0 and OpenAL support
- Creative Alchemy software that restores DS3D Games’ 3D audio in Windows Vista
Tags: Audio, creative labs, usb sound blaster
Administator for GetUSB.info
GetUSB.info started in 2004 with the concept of providing USB information for everything USB related. At the time, USB was gaining momentum and every day new products, articles and news became published. Today, the site is focused on bringing technical information, tricks and hacks to USB related products. The site does publish off topic information as well, to keep the variety up. Please visit the footer area of any page if you or your company is interested in article or product placement via purchased advertising.