USB Beagle Board Is A Developers Dream
Digi-Key released their USB Beagle Board today which is a low cost, high performance development board for ground level design work. The USB Beagle Board is 3in x 3in in size, includes a powerful 600MHYz ARM Cortex A8 processor, high speed USB 2.0 port, SD port, C64x+ DSP & video acceleration and supports 1280×1024 DVI-D monitors.
The ARM processor will handle over 1,200 million instructions per second (MIPS) making it as powerful as most laptops these days.
The USB Beagle Board is only $149 making it the least expensive, most powerful development board on the market. Here is a list of other hardware components for the Beagle Board:
Digi-Key has created a developers website where a host of applications can already be found. www.beagleboard.org
- OMAP3530 applications processor featuring the ARMÂ® Cortexâ„¢-A8
- 128MB low-power DDR RAM
- 256MB NAND flash
- USB 2.0 high-speed on-the-go port
- NTSC/PAL TV via S-Video output
- 6-in-one 8-bit MMC+/SD/SDIO connection
- Stereo audio in/output
- JTAG header
- I2S, I2S, SPI, MMC/SD expansion header
- Power via USB or alternate jack
Tags: processors, usb beagle board