Ultimate Boot CD from a USB Pen DriveThe Ultimate Boot CD is an awesome little diagnostics utility which is available to the public for free. It is often referred to as UBCD and enables a Microsoft windows users to diagnose, repair and manipulate their operating environment via a Live CD. However, some people might wish to install and run the Ultimate Boot CD from a USB Flash memory stick. For those people we have created this tutorial. This short and sweet walkthrough is an example of How To make Ultimate Boot CD boot (UBCD) “Knoppix” INSERT from a USB Flash Pen Drive. Here is the Simple How-To:
- Format the USB Flash memory stick as Fat16 using the HP USB tool
- Download “full version with INSERT of UBCD” open and extract the ISO to a directory named UBCD.
- Copy the contents of the UBCD directory to the USB memory stick.
- Download and extract Syslinux 2.11 to a directory on the pc and run the command console (start, run, cmd)
- CD to the syslinux directory and type syslinux.exe F: (F: my example USB stick)
- Copy the contents of the isolinux directory to the root of the stick and rename the isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg
- Reboot the pc and go into bios setting the first boot device to USB
- Reboot and it should launch “knoppix” insert modified for UBCD
Administator for GetUSB.info GetUSB.info started in 2004 with the concept of providing USB information for everything USB related. At the time, USB was gaining momentum and every day new products, articles and news became published. Today, the site is focused on bringing technical information, tricks and hacks to USB related products. The site does publish off topic information as well, to keep the variety up. Please visit the footer area of any page if you or your company is interested in article or product placement via purchased advertising.