The JerkStopper has three dummy configurations: USB, RJ45 and RJ11. For $9.99 you can purchase a set of three which is a wise investment for any laptop user.
Bob has a good product here, and ideally I would like to see the dummy USB port as a working interface extension port, but the logistics of creating a quality JerkStopper and live USB access seems difficult. Here are some warning signs you might need a laptop power cord safety latch or JerkStopper:
- The power LED and/or battery charge LED flicker when you wiggle the power cord and/or the AC adapter tip on the back or your laptop.
- Laptop suffers from spontaneous and/or instantaneous power-downs for no apparent reason.
- Laptop only runs when you keep the power cord and plug in a certain direction.. Movement of the AC power adapter plug causes power “glitches” or outages.
- Strange “clicking” noises coming from the area near the power plug. Laptop switches from AC power to battery power intermittently.
- Laptop refuses to start or charge a properly inserted battery. Laptop appears to be “dead” when you plug AC adapter.
- Laptop suddenly shuts off without any warning. Sparks come out of the back of your laptop.
- Laptop will not charge the battery and/or Laptop only runs on battery power
You can get the power cord safety latch at JerkStopper.com. Continue Reading