Port Hub Provides Six Connection Options via USB
The Satechi Port Hub adapter extends the functionality of your M1 MacBook Pro laptop. It has all of the necessary ports, including a USB4 port, Gigabit Ethernet, a USB-C data port, two USB-A data ports, and an audio jack port. The Pro Hub Mini is the only adapter you need, with a plethora of options for fast data transfer and a modern aluminum design.
Designed to complement your MacBook ports, it includes two USB-A 3.0 data ports, one USB-C data port capable of up to 5 Gbps, Gigabit Ethernet, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
The port hub features Next-Gen USB4 technology and can charge your devices at a whopping 100W. You can also benefit from data transfer speeds of up to 40 Gbps and video output resolutions of up to 5K/60Hz.
By connecting the hub to the Thunderbolt ports of your MacBook Pro 14 & 16 inch, 2021, you will have access to all ports. The MagSafe 3 port is still usable and recommended for fast charging. We’ve also included an audio jack port clip that will fit perfectly into your MacBook Pro 14 & 16-inch, 2021 to keep it in place.
Having designed multiple technology products this product does ask the question about the relationship between the physical connection between the port hub and the Mac computer. From the image, as I have not tested this product, it appears the physical connection of the audio jack and two USB-C connectors will make for a durable mating.
However, people do stupid things and if the collective unit gets dropped on the floor (say slips of table’s edge) and falling on the port hub, I wonder what kind of damage that fall would have on the audio jack and USB ports.
My logic is thinking it being expensive to fix the internal USB ports of the laptop, given that would be required since it’s the only digital external connection this computer has. Food for thought.
Consider buying this MacBook port hub from Amazon if this article provided any bit of useful information in the buying process
- To achieve 5K video output, you’ll need a computer, a thunderbolt cable, and a 5K monitor
- The MacBook Pro (16 inch, M1 Pro/Max, 2021)’s MagSafe 3 port can charge up to 140W
- The USB4 port can only charge up to 100W
- Use the MagSafe 3 port directly on the computer for faster charging
- Charging and CD drives are not supported by USB-A ports
- The Audio Jack Port clip is only compatible with the new MacBook Pro 14 and 16 inch models released in 2021
- The Hub can be used with older MacBooks with USB-C, but the Audio Jack Clip will not work
Original equipment manufacturer’s product webpage can be found here which is directly from the Satechi website.