How To: Make Bootable USB For Any Windows OS
GetUSB.info has reported on making a bootable USB with nt60 boot sector, and here is another post about bootable USB, but this time for making the boot device for any Windows OS…or should I say from any Windows OS.
WinToFlash is a slick little tool I came across which allows you to make a bootable USB from any source Windows installation CD or DVD.
WinToFlash will slurp out the boot sectors required to make a bootable USB from your source CD or DVD.Â Simply pop in the Windows disk, get a 4GB stick [8GB is better] that can read/write faster than a promo give-away drive, and run WinToFlash.
Here is a list of items you can perform using WinToFlash for bootable USB devices:
You certainly don’t need a lot of power to run the utility, that’s for sure.Â But if not sure, here are the min specs:
- Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 to a USB drive transfer
- WinPE (BartPE based on Windows XP/2003, WinPE based on Windows Vists/2008/7 and so on) to a USB drive transfer
- USB media erasing full or quick
- Create a USB drive with emergency bootloader for Windows XP/2003
- MS-DOS to a USB drive transfer
- Create a USB drive with Windows XP/2003 Recovery Console
WinToFlash is asking for dontations if you find the tool helpful.Â Good luck! [ https://tinyurl.com/ovfetq ]
- Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster
- At least 64 megabytes (MB) of RAM
- At least 20 megabytes (MB) of available space on the hard disk
- Keyboard and a Microsoft Mouse or some other compatible pointing device
- Video adapter and monitor with Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
- Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7
Tags: bootable, usb, windows
Administator for GetUSB.info
GetUSB.info started in 2004 with the concept of providing USB information for everything USB related. At the time, USB was gaining momentum and every day new products, articles and news became published. Today, the site is focused on bringing technical information, tricks and hacks to USB related products. The site does publish off topic information as well, to keep the variety up. Please visit the footer area of any page if you or your company is interested in article or product placement via purchased advertising.