DisplayLink USB 3.0 Chip Makes for Multimedia Euphoria
DisplayLink will be pushing a new graphics chipset they say will take a major step toward any device with any display connectivity. Well damn, that’ll make it easy.
The nut for DisplayLink is their ability to leverage the bi-directional throughput of USB 3.0 to offer an array of functions and features. This means multiple full HD videos, high res graphics, standard video imaging and networking data can be simultaneously running. To give you an idea, apply these products to your imagination:
- USB or Ethernet bus powered monitors
- Universal USB docking stations with graphics, networking, and audio
- Affordable Ethernet and USB zero clients for shared resource computing
- USB to HDMI adapters for PC to TV connectivity
- USB to DVI, VGA or DisplayPort adapters for multi-display notebooks
- Mobile device to display
- Dual-Headed USB bus powered graphics adapters
The new technology by DisplayLink include items such as:
- Single IC support for up to two full HD displays
- High performance HD video, 3D gaming, and beyond HD graphics
- HDCP 2.0 for protected content playback
- Integrated multi-channel audio
- Networking for docking stations and zero clients
- Support for leading display standards – “ DisplayPort, VGA DAC, DVI, HDMI
- Backwards compatibility with 3+ million DisplayLink USB 2.0 graphics devices
- USB bus power capabilities for both USB 2.0 and 3.0
- Proven Windows driver support (XP, Vista, Windows 7, MultiPoint Server 2010, and Server 2003/2008)
The over abundant availability of USB ports and the increased power of USB 3.0 make it well-suited as a display and docking station connector for both consumer and business markets, especially in today’s mobile environment.
Trackback from your site.